Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wonderful Copenhagen


Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen

Friendly old girl of a town
'Neath her tavern light
On this merry night
Let us clink and drink one down
To wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen
Salty old queen of the sea
Once I sailed away
But I'm home today
Singing Copenhagen, wonderful, wonderful
Copenhagen for me


I spent the night in Sweden the other night. It was by far the funniest thing I have done since being in Europe. Waking up in Sweden. I am staring at a Denmark sunset, as we speak, here in lovely Copenhagen. In Copenhagen good-bye is "Hej Hej" and there is an awesome part of town called Christiania where I am staying that was taken over by the hippies in the 70´s. Vegan food and hash sellers in little stalls ahoy.

I have not yet seen the Little Mermaid.

Copenhagen is a bikers city and I can't read much of anything.

Wish you were here.

Don't vote for Sarah Palin.


Hej Hej.

1 comment:

Tom Hart said...

Awesome. I've always wanted to see Copenhagen after reading HUNGER http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0e/HungerHamsunNovel.jpg/200px-HungerHamsunNovel.jpg and hearing Scott Walker's great slightly schmaltzy "Copenhagen": 'Copenhagen, you're the end,
Gone and made me a child again.
Warmed my feet beneath cold sheets,
Dyed my hair with your sunny streets.'

Ok, so it's not slightly schmaltzy. It ends with a children's carousel tune. But it's still great! Go Scandinavia!