Sunday, December 16, 2007

Send me your phone number

I have been thinking and I think I have figured it out. What we all need- you , me, the world:

You need to send me your phone number.


If you send me your phone number, I, Melissa Dawn Shaw, bartender, would- be- minister, friend, and pseudo-intellectual will tell you something new everyday, in a text message.

That is correct! For the time it takes for you to email me your phone number ONCE you will learn something new about... something everyday!

All moments, phrases, jokes, ideas, facts, and inspirations will be personalized and sent to you, yes, you and you alone. Ask your friends why don't you! They will gladly tell you that you, dear devoted reader, were the only person to learn, today, that alternate side of the street parking is called datumparkering in Sweden.

Perhaps today you will learn about tea, or Macgyver, or astrology.

The future is ours.

This project is very simple and will cost you nothing (unless your phone server charges you and even then I'll bet it's less than the pennies our families never sent to Sally Struthers.)


Now, some of you might be thinking, well, Melissa has my phone number, great, I don't need to do anything, I will be flooded with a silly string of information for eternity.

Do not be fooled...

If you would like to receive a thought, an astrological fact, a witty statement, or a moment of inspiration everyday send your number (even if you are one of best friends) to:

Shawmel80@gmail.com

In the email you may also tell me one thing you have NO interest in learning about what so ever.

Sample email:

Dear Melissa,

My phone number is ###-###-####
I have no interest in you ever telling me anything about Victorian Literature.

Love,
Schmoo

Presto!

I will never say a word about Jane Austin and your number is safe with me.



International folks, I will send you all of your charms via email.

Take a couple seconds, think about it, and then email me.
Sign up by sending me your number.

You only have learning the the fat content of Yogurt to win and nothing to lose.




MS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so stupid. i didnt fully read the directions. i see now that i am only allowed to exclude ONE thing from this amazing information stream..

so, i'd have to say that out of my whole list, the thing i am least interested in hearing about is "gary coleman"

ok!