Monday, May 14, 2007

Bye Bye Boobie party




Thursday night I attended a Bye Bye Boobie Party.

I am sure you wondering what that is.
I am so glad you asked.
My friend Kerry is having a choice Mastectomy. She has written a small pamphlet about why, the crux being that Kerry is not happy having boobs of any kind. She is going to feel more like herself without them.


I, inevitably, thought about my own breasts and how I have had a strange relationship with mine for years. I felt torn. I could both never see myself doing it and completely being able to rid myself of two objects that sit on my body, doing me very little good, that get in my way.

I have never been to a party that has celebrated such an enormous life change. I commend Kerry and her well thought out life decision.

MS

2 comments:

Jonesalicious said...

I would like to read the pamphlet. Can I?

Unknown said...

I just had this done as well but I'm having the party after the surgery. I would like to see the pamphlet as well.